Welcome to the National Federation Of The Blind of Nevada.
Why every Blind Person Should Be A Member of the NFB of Nevada
There are so many reasons why every blind Nevadan should become a member. Let's review just a few.
- Individual Adjustment Blindness respects no one. When it happens, the affected individual is thrust into an entirely new style of living. With the proper kind of help, that person will make the adjustment and go on toward productive and happy living. The NFB of Nevada provides a positive program of encouragement which emphasizes the respectability of blindness. The organization has more than its share of successful blind persons in all walks of life who have dedicated themselves to promoting the goals of the NFB of Nevada.
- Opportunities for Service The NFB of Nevada offers each blind person a wonderful opportunity to be of service with emphasis on involvement by the membership. The member may choose to serve on committees, as a chapter or state official, a director or even a national officer or director. The member's opportunity is limited only by their investment of time and energy.
- Cash Awards & Scholarships These may be given at the annual state conventions including home awards and honor awards. We are confident that other cash awards will be offered in the future.
- Transportation & Assistance Provided The NFB of Nevada and its affiliates annually assist members to attend the national convention. This is a superb way to acquaint members with national programs and to put them into contact with other successful blind persons throughout the country.
- Conventions & Seminars Annual conventions, seminars and other important meetings are regularly scheduled to provide invaluable information and programs for the blind.
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
The National Federation of the Blind is the largest organization of blind and low-vision people in the United States. Founded in 1940, the Federation has grown to over fifty-thousand members. You can view the NFB national site here.
Use of this website is governed by the NFB of Nevada's Website terms of service agreement.
Site contents copyright 2015 by the National Federation Of The Blind of Nevada or used with permition.
Page last modified on March 16, 2015, at 11:04 AM