National Federation of the Blind of Nevada 2021 STATE CONVENTION
November 13 through 14, 2021
Anywhere & Everywhere
Register and make a difference in the lives of blind Nevadans!
The National Federation of the Blind of Nevada is proud to announce our 2021 State Convention! Once again, this event will be held virtually with free registration! Please save the dates of Saturday, November 13 and Sunday, November 14.
Note: The agenda will be finalized and distributed and posted on the state website in mid to late October. Yes, the agenda will be available on NEWSLINE® too!
Here is your chance to participate and learn more about the NFB's programs and goals on the state and national level. Hear from the NFB national representative. We are proud to announce that Everett Bacon, National Federation of the Blind board member and president of the Utah affiliate, will be serving as our national rep this year. You can read Everett's bio at www.nfb.org/about-us/leadership/board-directors/everette-bacon. Also, hear from speakers on topics of national and state importance, membership, seniors, technology Braille, students, and parents' concerns, meet the scholarship class of 2021 and much more!
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2021 state convention of the NFB of Nevada. Get Involved. Make a Difference! Please share with others, everyone is welcome!
How many reasons do you need to register by Saturday, November 6, 2021? Here are just a few:
- By registering for the state convention before the deadline, you will be eligible to win door prizes!
- If you are a current paid member with a chapter and/or division, and your dues are paid by Saturday, November 6, and you register, you are eligible to vote in the NFBNV election at the convention!
- Registration is free: no travel costs, no hotel fees, and no expensive restaurants!
- You'll help the NFBNV collect current contact information for everyone who registers!
- You can wear casual comfy clothes and footwear of your choice to all of the sessions, even the banquet! No need to get up early!
- All of the money you save can be donated to your favorite organization, the NFB of NV!
To register, click on the link below:
Using the arrow keys will greatly improve your ability to view all of the information on this form when navigating with a screen reader. If you need assistance registering, please call Terri Rupp at 702-524-0835. Leave a message and she will get back to you promptly.
State Convention Donations
To make a donation via a credit or debit card, click on the link below:
To donate by check or money order, please make your check or money order payable to NFBNV and mail to:
National Federation of the Blind of Nevada
PO Box 20041
Reno, Nevada 89515
In the memo field, please write state convention donation.
Code of Conduct
As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also represent our greater organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national levels, and to plan our work for the future.
The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore specifically prohibited:
- harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, physical appearance, or other group identity
- harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence, yelling, hostility, destruction of property)
Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events. Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more information.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check back often. For more information, please contact us at 702-524-0835 or president [at] nfbnevada.org.